Transfers!!! We found out today what is happening! My companion is leaving Fátima to be our Zone Leader in São Caetano so i am getting a new companion! haha I am getting a Brazilian companion! He should arrive Wednesday morning at like 6:00 in the morning, coming straight from Salvador mesmo. Woo hoo. I am excited. But my companion now was a great companion, luckily i´ll see him every Wednesday after for district meeting.
First off, this lady had contacted us on the street saying that she wanted to go to our church cause she moved really close to the capela. Well i had her name written down as Dolcely or something weird. And my companion wrote it down so that the ´lc´ looked like a ´k´. So we were standing outside her house yelling Dukely Dukely! Which just sounded plain funny. In Brazil it isn´t weird or rude to yell into peoples houses, haha. I will probably return home a very strange boy.
Also one night this week i saw a white bat flying around, and i could hear him making echo location noises. Mmmm pretty neat! Haha and other animal stories, i saw that giant breed of green fly. Literally like the size of my thumb. Mind blowingly large. And lá em São Roque, i saw that dog/cow/mouse thing again. Eww gross.
Haha we went to the house of a recent convert who is struggling with the word of wisdom this week. And there was a drunk man sitting outside his house singing the brasileiro happy birthday song. ´Parabéns para você, essa data querida...` that was pretty funny. Then when we were leaving the recent convert Ailton said, ´Vai com Deus´. Leave with God, and the drunk man said, ´E volta com Jesus´. And return with Jesus. Haha that was pretty funny to here a drunk man say.
So this week we randomly thought to check a contact we made weeks ago. I just thought about this lady we knocked at her house and never returned. And so we went to her house, she rescheduled with us and we ended up having a really good lesson. We taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ, 3rd lesson, and then she asked why all churches claimed to be right. Soooo we then taught the restoration the 1st lesson. I got to teach the First vision, which i love. it was cool because she teared up during it. So we´ll see how we can keep helping her! I love this Church. It´s so darn true it isn´t even funny.
I just have been finally getting the real groove of being a missionary. I can talk in Portuguese, and understand most of what is said usually. I have just been super happy. So i thank you for all your support and prayers and everything!
The sisters had a baptismal service this week and asked me to baptize! So Saturday was malouco. My companion and I were at the capel to play piano and he play violin for a half hour before this ward activity for the married people. Well, Brasil runs on super Mormon standard time and so we sight read hymns for and hour and a half! haha then we ran to appointments and literally ran back so i could baptise these people. I got to the church, soaked in derekness, and threw on some baptismal clothes, took pictures and baptised this man and this boy. Sweet! Then back to the capela to play piano for the activity. The stake president talked forever, look how horrible i am!, and then the sisters told me the other person who was going to be baptised arrived late. Haha so as soon as i played the piano it was back to the bathroom, into the wet whites, and into the font! haha In the end i baptized three people and ended this transfer running around with my companion, which is exactly how we started my first transfer with him. Engraçado.
Well family! Thanks for all. The mail service is working normal. I got some Brazilian mailman shoes, and its hot! Love Itabuna!