Monday, March 12, 2012

12 Mar 2012

Well, what a horrible couple of days! I will go ahead and sum up all the bad for you. I got sick again. It was like the following; Friday we had a baptism, and these days are terrible already. Haha very bitter sweet. Started the morning out cleaning the baptismal font.  Where our font is placed is cruel, in the morning the sun just beats you up. So I, who had already lost a lot of water that morning in the bathroom, just sweat out the rest. Then we ran around all day and helped this lady be baptized. She has many health problems and it was extremely difficult. I just got worse and worse the whole day. By night i had a huge fever and just showered and died in my bed.
 Then Saturday the other elders went to Mucuri that city we are responsible for. Can i just explain how hard it is to be responsible for an area and another group of saints 2 and a half hours away? Oh gosh it is stressful. And it leaves the other elders in Teixeira watching over 2 areas, also extremely hard because the two areas make up an entire city. Hours and hours walking. Anyways i just died and laid in my bed all day. I called Sister Vecchi and did all that is necessary health wise. But it´s hard.

 Anyways in the end Sunday i arranged a division with some RM´s to help Moreira help his investigators. And Delvaci, our baptism, was not confirmed. Worst thing in the world. The member i had arranged to pick her up in his car couldn´t find her cause no one was home.

I feel way less horrible but i still have pain behind my eyes and a few other things. I may have had Dengue, but i don´t think so.

The other week my companion said that i spoke in my sleep and that i spoke in English and switched to Portuguese and then switched back. Pretty weird!

 Also i saw my first firefly ever! Haha weird, but pretty cool as well.

And the horrific story of the week; i was eating a guava last Tuesday and a worm popped out of it! ew! Luckily i didn´t eat him, but it´s going to be a while before i pick up a few more goiabas, (guavas). I still trust bananas though!

I forgot to say as well that we have interviews in Porto Seguro this week. Yeah! Interviews rock. But traveling is terrible.