Well hello!
It´s been another week here in the mission field
in the Brazil Salvador South Mission. And a crazy week at that. My new Companion is a great missionary, he is really eager to be here
and he knows how to work. I am really grateful because i can be a really hard
working missionary. The Elder who was with me
those 2 ish weeks for training, said that i was the hardest working missionary he´d ever
been companions with, but i mentioned this because my companion is a hard worker
too. He doesn´t complain or waste time, but he just goes.Sunday we grabbed a bus with the branch and went up to Porto Seguro for the District conference. District conference is the equivalent to Stake conference, but with our little district of branches. It was great. I am so used to travelling by bus now. Haha 4 hours in the bus doesn´t phase me anymore. One of the pictures i am sending is of a cool mountain that i see every time i leave Teixeira.
This week we are praying for a miracle. We have
been teaching this boy Alef for a long time! He always comes to church each
week and wants to be baptized. His mom already said no when she was traveling.
Well the Lord blessed us with this week. Alef´s mom will return to Itabuna on
the 7th, which gives us this week to teach her a little and get authorization
to baptize Alef. I know that with the Lord´s help, this is possible. We just
got to have the spirit with us and pray and do all we can.
Other than that, not much is new. I lost my
´swim and dive´ basketball shorts, i think that Elder J. took them. Hah
i´m kidding, i have no idea where they went, but i am sad cause i loved those
shorts. Another missionary probably took them by accident. Maybe.
Other than all this. I am trying to do my best.
My faith is really growing and i really want to have more success. I am trying
to find all the things i am doing wrong or the things that i can better so that
we can baptize everybody here in teixeira. It is amazing how the Lord uses our
difficulties to help us grow. Well i really want to grow cause i am sick of
difficulties!!! Haha :)
The church is true. Christ lives and guides this
church. I know this is true. It is the only way to return to our Father in
happiness and it is one of the reasons that we are here in the first place. I
invite you to give a reference this week to the missionaries. Someone that they
can teach that is a friend. Someone that you can go to the lessons and support
them. The Lord will prepare for friends for the Elders. So just do it :)