Monday, April 9, 2012

9 April, 2012

Well what a week! I have so much to tell you and not very much time. This is due to some of my new responsibilities. But i will tell it as a story.

So, Wednesday morning at 7:30 we got a call from our Zone Leaders. Elder Ramos was the District Leader here, and after the call he called all of us together to have a meeting. We had some Emergency Transfers here in the mission! Elder Ramos got transferred to Vitoria Da Conquista and left that very day, Wednesday. And here is the exciting news; My new companion came and his name is Elder Gallinger. He is finishing his second transfer here in Brazil. I was made a Senior Companion and the new district leader here in Teixeira De Freitas! Wow!

It has been a crazy week. Being senior is a lot like i thought it would be, and of course, a lot different as well. But i am determined to be an amazing missionary. Elder Gallinger is awesome, and is from Richland in the tri-cities area. He is a great missionary and learning a little bit still. But learning fast.
We worked like madmen this week and we had a baptism of a young man. What an experience! I have never fought so hard with Satan! The boy´s name in Kleber. What a beautiful name huh? Well he had a great desire but his mom lives in a different city. She just happened to be here in Teixeira! Well he taught her and talked to her and she authorized his baptism. Then on Saturday morning she didn´t want to let him anymore! Gosh! haha But again we relied on the Spirit to do the teaching and she let him in the end. I am sending pictures of the baptism and everything.

Also a picture of a car that i saw with the coolest and worst baseball team in it! haha The other picture is a picture of me an elder Gallinger and Kleber. Behind us you can see classic Brazil. Brick house, bike and all. Haha it´s great!

Well i have to be fast, i had had to use a lot of my time today filling out some info online about the baptism. But i wanted to leave my testimony. I know that the Lord can use us in such a way as to convince all people that this is the truth. In the end, Kleber´s mom let him be baptized because i bore my testimony, the strongest i have in a long time. I have no remembrance of what i said to her, but i know that i spoke by the Spirit. I know this is the truth. This Gospel was restored by Prophets like Joseph Smith. I love it.