Monday, August 13, 2012

13 Aug 2012

1 year ago i was being trained in Itabuna. And today we had transfers. I will be training again here in Poções. 2nd time training! Wooo it should be super fun! But you know what that means. Tonight i will spend the night on a Camurujipe bus and spend the day in Salvador, and then Tuesday night spend the night again in a bus! Haha what joy! I will also serve as the District leader in Poções. So i am ready to give all of this a second try.

Haha it has been such a great transfer. I learned a lot this transfer and it was extremely hard. I have learned a lot about what i need to change and how to change it. I am ready for a fresh start. I will find out tomorrow who i will train so i will be able to tell you about that next Monday. I know that some Brazilians are arriving, and some Americans, and 1 chileino (guy from Chile). So we´ll see who i get to train this time!

I have been reading so much lately in the Liahona Magazine from our last general conference. It is so great to have a living prophet. I think that life would be really annoying without one :) haha Wow! I can´t believe i am training again! haha

This week had some funny crazy things happen. We found a girl who was taught a long time ago by other elders here and she was really closed. But we had a fireside on Saturday that we missionaries did and we got her to open up and go to the fireside and i think that made all the difference. We didn´t have any investigators in church on Sunday because Sunday was stake conference. Poções is a branch in the stake, Vitória Da Conquista. So we had to bus down Monday morning to conquista and the conference was great. I felt really spiritually uplifted. You know when you feel the spirit so strong that you just smile and feel great? That is how the spirit makes me feel when it is the strongest.

I feel like a completely different person. I have my problems and struggles but i am recognizing that slowly i am changing. I am so grateful because i have had some tough moments in my mission. The mission is the best 2 years for your life.