Monday, September 10, 2012

10 Sept 2012

Well my family! Everything is going just great!
 
I am glad you are all having a great time there in Washington. We had a great week here in Poções. This Friday we had a meeting in Salvador. It was a big zone conference and also a meeting with the first counselor of the area presidency of Brazil! Carlos A. Godoy came and spoke with us! It was so cool! When we rolled into Salvador  we jumped on a city bus and rode out to literally the coast there to a chapel in the bairro Itapuã. It is a beautiful chapel. There we had the meeting with President Godoy and our mission President Andrezzo.

I felt really spiritually recharged! I got to be in two meetings with President Godoy, first was a meeting with just the leaders on the mission. So all the Zone Leaders and District Leaders were there. It was very good, and he talked about magnifying our callings to become something much grander than we are currently

Then we had the meeting with all the missionaries from the Zones Porto Seguro, Ilhéus, Jequié and Salvador. I am in the Jequié Zone.

After the meeting with President Godoy we had lunch and then more trainings from the Zone Leaders in Salvador. But something really cool happened! President Godoy picked like  3 or 4 people to interview personally. And i was chosen to be interviewed. I don´t know if President Andrezzo picked me or if it was President Godoy, but it was super cool. You can see President Godoy in the Ensign of the conference issue if you want to. He is a member of the first quorum of the seventy.

Anyways it was an exciting week. We finished off the week with the baptism of my long lost Brazilian Grandmother, Eleni. haha She is soooo awesome and cracks me up. I also got to confer the gift of the holy ghost. And our recent convert Leandro received the Aaronic priesthood on Sunday! Man!!! Life is good.

So i am just living up life right now. Everything is good, and happy. I couldn´t be any better.