Monday, November 26, 2012

26 Nov 012

Thanks for the emails this week! I loved reading all about the adventures there in the states! haha California is probably a lot like where i am right now. Super cool. We had some pretty hot weather this week, but it looks like it wants to rain again a little. Haha it just gets really humid.
 
Wow! I just remembered here in the lanhouse that thanksgiving was last week. It totally passed me up. I remember the thanksgiving last year. Elder Sanderson had gotten a chocolate from his mom in a box. It was in the form of a turkey. Haha yeah!
 
Well the mission life is sweet as ever. The coolest thing ever has happened, we found a complete family that we are teaching. It is kind of hard to find and teach complete families. With mom and dad and the kids of mom and dad. They are so great!!!! They all went to church on sunday and loved it. Jandeilson, the dad, said that when he was at church his first impression and the first thing he said to himself was, ´I want to be baptized in this church!´. Mom and dad aren´t married but we are going to help them, and the two boys are have baptismal date marked for a couple of weeks. I am so happy! And am so excited. I love these people.
 
Wow, life just seems so weird. Have you ever done something for a long enough time that you don´t think about what it would be like to change? Or you don´t remember what it would be like? I feel like ammon and alma and the sons of mosiah that served for like 14 years as missionaries. I don´t need my mission to end. I feel like i could keep doing this forever. But there are parts of me that will be happy to return with honor and continue my studies and all. I don´t know. That thought is for a day a long time from now. I won´t worry about it now :) But i think i will cry pretty hard to leave this life.
 
I have never been so happy. In my mission i have never focused so hard on Heavenly Father and His glory. I am just crazy to baptize people because i want other people to feel what i am feeling right now. I will write a letter later today to Leandro my recent convert in Poções, and i will encourage him to serve a mission.
 
One thing that has changed in me more than everything else are my thoughts. It´s not like my thoughts were dirty or bad before now. But they weren´t always that good. These past few months i have been trying so hard to have positive and constant pure and clean thoughts and it is incredible what it is doing with the rest of my life. I can´t even describe the difference that it is making.
 
I feel like in life, you have to fight to progress in any one thing. But once you are up that mountain it is a lot easier to maintain than it was to climb. I want to encourage every one to fight to progress in life. It makes life so much happier.
 
Thanks for all the letters and things! The next conferencia de zona is december 11th. So if there are any letters waiting for me there in salvador i´ll get them this day! Yeah i´m excited.