Well
family! It has been another good week
here in the lovely land of Brazil. It is still rather hot, if you were
wondering. But the Lord is blessing us. We had a baptism on Saturday of Iago.
He was an investigator from a long time ago, and would have been baptized weeks
ago. But the day of the baptism he got scared and didn´t want to be baptized.
Well the last Sunday he got real brave after church and really made up his
mind. So that was awesome.
I love
how Satan tries to fight against us, as children of God, but if we don´t want
him to win he won´t. For instance the baptism was Saturday and Sunday obviously
the confirmation. Iago told us that at 4 in the morning his grandma, with whom
he lives, woke him up to go to Ilhéus, or to go to the beach. He didn´t leave
because he wanted to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. He was even locked
inside his house, and had to escape through a window so he could go to church!
haha it was really that important to him! Pretty cool. Now we´ll get him the
priesthood and he´ll be able to pass the sacrament! Yeah!
I
attached some pictures here for you. One of our new house. We live upstairs
there, and it is way nice. Then there is a picture of me before the baptism Saturday,
when i was too lazy to wear shoes so i wore my flip flops. Hahaha! We baptize
in the river and I didn´t want to get my shoes wet. But this is also the
country where every evangelical wears slacks and flip flops. It´s pretty funny.
Finally there is a nice picture of the river. It isn´t really that much of a
river. More of a very large stream. But after the baptism i went for a swim!
haha it felt really really good, i can´t lie. We aren´t really supposed to
swim, it´s not like i went swimming for more than a second. But it´s not like
there are that many missionaries baptizing in crazy places like us. haha oh
well, it´s all good :)
So we are
going to have that zone conference tomorrow. I will conduct the meeting, it´ll
be pretty cool. I also am going to try to get my temple recommend interview.
haha can you believe that it´s been two years... weird!
I am
doing good, life is good. We have 2 more weeks and then the transfer. Elder
Malloy is going home and so I’ll get a new comp. He´ll probably be my last comp
and then I’ll go home. Weird!
But we´re
being blessed. If everything goes well we´ll baptize again this week.