Wednesday, May 1, 2013

21 April 2013


Hey Family, I am sure i will keep in contact with Elder Warner. I have learned things with him that will affect the rest of my life. I am so grateful. He has like a year and 5 months or something. I don´t know, something like that! He is from Sacramento California area and will go to school after his mission. Pretty sweet kid.

Haha i was feeling pretty wasted last week when i emailed. We work so hard and we work really hard in other people´s areas and such. We worry about the success of the whole zone, each elder, all their problems and needs. It´s so tiring sometimes but it is also very good. I am so happy.
 
I hate that things are going to end. Every time it hits me that things are going to end one day i get really ornery. Hahaha i say that jokingly but it is true. The mission is the play ground of life. I have learned so much about life in general while i have been serving. I recognize my many faults and i don´t want to leave my mission because i am not done growing yet. I am not who i want to be yet. haha it is a funny feeling. I am not bitter or anything. I get really excited sometimes when i think about the future and school and all. It is all exciting stuff. When i leave, it will be time to leave. I won´t be that kid that gets home and still lives in his mission, it´ll be time to move to bigger and better things. I don´t know how to describe it. Remember efy, when you spend a week learning and growing and you get home and just feel like it was all a big and productive dream? Imagine 2 years of being pushed and pushed and pushed out of your comfort zone. Working so hard. Sweating every living minute of every day. Working for the reward of another. Fighting to have the spirit with you. Fighting breaking down when all your work crumbles to pieces when some investigator makes a choice. I don´t know what to say. I love my mission. I will never ever be the same. Haha so i get a little ornery when i start to realize that these days are numbered.

I just want to cry right now. haha am i a big baby? Yes! haha I love my life so much and i am so freakin’ grateful that God gave us this experience to learn and grow and make choices. He gave us this earth life, and our own bodies. He guides us. He called a prophet to restore His son´s teachings and pathway. He sent His son like a lamb to the slaughterhouse to pay the price of my mistakes. And like Isaiah says, Christ didn´t even open his mouth in complaint.

What do you say to that? How does that affect your life, and your daily choices? It sure does affect me.

We had 2 more baptisms this week and a record high of people in church here in Buerarema. We had sacrament meeting full of 36 people. It was stuffed full! I felt so good. We are going to have more baptisms this week as well, and the baptisms will not stop.